Apply to Become A Trainee Quantity Surveyor
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE AND WOULD LIKE TO JOIN THE ECL TEAM, PLEASE REGISTER YOUR INTEREST. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED AS SOON AS A NEW POSITION ARISES.
TRAINEE QUANTITY SURVEYORS JOB DESCRIPTION
Competitive Salary Range: £18,000 – £20,000 Holidays: 33 days per year
ECL, a leading civil engineering and groundworks company, is looking to recruit Trainee Quantity Surveyors to join its highly experienced and professional commercial team, who work with some of the UK’s leading housebuilding developers.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in working within the construction industry. Quantity surveyors play a vital role in building projects, managing costs and making sure projects meet legal and quality standards. Surveying skills are increasingly in demand in the UK, so there is great potential to further your career.
The company offer a very generous holiday entitlement, a competitive bonus scheme and the opportunity to avail of its Employee Assisted Program.
Your role would be office-based (at ECL’s head office in Kempston, Bedford) but would include a significant number of on-site visits.
You will be expected to:
- Assist with completing monthly valuations
- Assist with recognising and pricing variations/drawing revisions
- Assist with payment reconciliation
- Assist with the procurement and management of sub-contract orders
- Assist with forecasting and reporting mid-month progress
- Within the first year, the candidate should have hopefully progressed to looking after 1-2 contracts more independently overseen by the commercial manager or a senior surveyor.
To be successful in the role, we are looking for candidates who have the following qualifications and skills:
- Maths and English GSCE at Grade C/Grade 4 or above
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail, able to gather, interpret and present data to facilitate the preparation of budgets and subsequent valuations
- Good IT skills, proficient with MS Office and Excel programs
- Strong communication skills with a good standard of written English.
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work on own initiative
- The ability to work within a team and build effective working relationships both internally and externally
- Methodical, conscientious and organised, work to deliver high standards
- Self–disciplined, with demonstrably good time management skills and the ability to manage a number of priorities
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently and accurately
Here at ECL, we have built a culture where anyone, regardless of gender, race, sexuality, disability, background or any other characteristic, can progress and be proud to work for us.
If this role interests you, please submit a cover letter and your CV and complete the form above.
Find out what makes ECL company culture great and if it’s the right company for you.