Clipstone Park Residential Infrastructure
Clipstone Park Road and Bridge Construction
- Reinforced concrete rigid frame bridge structure
- 96x 0m deep CFA piled foundations
- 500m3 structural reinforced concrete base/abutments/wwalls
- 1x20 tonne 15-meter prestressed concrete beams
- 300m2 in-situ concrete deck with waterproofing & drainage
- Storm and highway drainage
- Proprietary parapet vehicle restraint system
- 30,000m3 of earthworks - 2km of highway storm drainage
- 27,000m3 of structural fill from borrow pits
- 8,000m2 of carriageway construction
- S278 tie-in with two signalised junctions
- Construction of carriageway over bridge
A blend of high-quality and sustainable mixed-use developments from housing to community facilities, with 75% of the park being dedicated to open spaces for the community to share.
ECL was appointed Principal Contractor by the Consortium (Barratt David Wilson North Thames & Taylor Wimpey South Midlands) to construct a reinforced concrete bridge spanning Clipstone Brook and deliver the Eastern Link infrastructure.
EASTERN LINK INFRASTRUCTURE
The Eastern Link infrastructure included 1.5kms of S38 and S278 mixed development link roads crossing the bridge structure and 2km of highway storm drainage. And also included the installation of a four-way signalised junction to accommodate the development of a brand new community high school.
The burrow pit plan - We excavated from non-structure spaces of the site, covering an area roughly the size of three football pitches. The excavated material was used to infill other construction site areas, which would have otherwise been brought in at additional cost. Again, an environmental solution that helped control earthwork operations, limit transport movements, and improve the project’s bottom line.
BAILEY BROOKE BRIDGE
Our phased approach successfully managed the bridge installation. Starting with the construction of a Bailey bridge structure, then watercourse realignments, construction of a temporary crane platform, and a well-programmed installation of the bridge structures which was executed meticulously.