Bishop Stortford North Phase 1
Bishop Stortford North Phase 1 Infrastructure
- Construction of S278 roundabout on the existing A120
- 100,000m3 of cut/fill earthworks
- 3.6 diameter 9m deep wet well/pump station and compound
- 2.1 diameter 9m deep Weholite foul attenuation tanks
- 2km large diameter storm and foul drainage
- Off-site rising main installation
- 1.5km of distributer road to service land parcels and school
Over the past years, a number of developers have carried out background technical studies on 320 acres of land located on the outskirts of Bishop Stortford in Hertfordshire. The developers have combined their land interests into a single company, The Bishop’s Stortford North Consortium.
The Consortium comprises four of the UK’s leading housebuilders, Bovis Homes, Taylor Wimpey, Persimmon and Kier Living, together with a strategic land promotion company, The Fairfield Partnership. It was formed to comprehensively plan this important site and ensure that all necessary supporting infrastructure, such as schools, parks and community facilities, and highways and public transport improvements, can be delivered alongside the new homes.
ECL was appointed by the Consortium as the Principal Contractor on May 2022 to support the expansive infrastructure for the Eastern stage of the project.
The consented scheme will provide up to 2,200 new homes, two Local Centres and Primary Schools, and around 59 ha of multifunctional greenspace and landscape habitats.