Enabling Works in Construction
What is Enabling Works?
Enabling works is the very first step in most construction projects. It covers activities from site preparation, building access routes through to putting up safety signs and installing security fencing.
Our commitment to getting the job done right ensures that construction teams and materials can enter and start work safely and efficiently whilst nearby communities remain protected and able to function unencumbered.
Because every site is different, the type and extent of the enabling works required will vary extensively. At ECL, we have the skills and knowledge to carry out all types of enabling works, and offer advice and solutions to the trickiest problems, resulting in a construction site that is ready for the next stage of development.
Our services include:
- Surveys, site investigations and trial holes
- Site clearance
- Removing underground obstructions
- Archaeological and heritage investigations
- Asbestos surveying and removal
- Removal of hazardous materials
- Obtaining various consents, approvals and permissions
- Establishing haul roads and access routes
- Building scaffolding, erecting hoarding or security fencing
- Putting up signage
- Traffic management and establishing diversions
- Isolating utilities
- Facade retention
- Dismantling and removing old machinery