TRAINEE PLANT ADMINISTRATOR
Competitive Salary Range: £20,000 – £23,000 Holidays: 33 days per year
Location: Kempston, Bedford
Employment: Full Time
ECL Civil Engineering has grown and expanded to become the area’s most comprehensive Civil Engineering and Groundworks company.
We continue to invest heavily in new technologies and the training of our people so that we can lay the infrastructure that our clients need to plan, build and develop their portfolios safer and quicker than ever before.
Working with some of the UK’s most prominent developers, we provide civil engineering solutions, including enabling works, groundworks, infrastructure, highways (Section 278 agreements), bulk excavations, and land remediation and stabilisation.
Our speciality is large-scale housing projects where we work closely with clients to provide self-delivery solutions that reduce risk and increase on-site efficiency.
We are looking to recruit a confident, well-organised and friendly Trainee Plant Administrator to join the fast-paced Plant Department and support the day-to-day running of plant operations.
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their skillset and industry knowledge by joining a very established and experienced team. We are looking for someone reliable, calm under pressure, able to keep pace in a busy environment and still maintain standards at all times.
You will be expected to:
- Support the Head of Plant and team with day-to-day issues, needs and queries arising from the management of ECL’s plant and equipment.
- Take responsibility for the administration of the company’s vehicle records to ensure compliance with legal and business requirements, dealing with taxation, penalty charges and licence checks etc.
- To record damage and losses of the company’s plant machinery and vehicles.
- To reconcile tracker and usage checks.
- Maintain contact with other departments in Head Office to ensure all plant/vehicle costs are recoverable and build a good rapport with the site teams.
You will need the following skillsets:
- Able to organise one’s own time and workload.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- Flexibility and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Be proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook.
As well as a competitive salary, the company offers a very generous holiday entitlement, a competitive bonus scheme and the opportunity to avail of its enhanced Employee Assisted Program.
- 20,000k – 23,000k
- Full time position
- 33 Days holidays
- Free Parking
- Pension Scheme
- Bonus Scheme after a year of employment
- Death in Service
- Access to the Employee assistance programme
At ECL, anyone with drive and talent can pursue their desired career. We have built a culture where anyone, regardless of gender, race, sexuality, disability, background or any other characteristic, can progress and be proud to work for us.
If this role interests you, please submit a covering letter and your CV to Mr Lee Babb, Head of Plant, @ firstname.lastname@example.org or send your application online.
Find out what makes ECL’s company culture great and if it’s the right company for you.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Anyone with drive and talent can pursue the career they want. We have built a culture where anyone, regardless of gender, race, sexuality, disability, background or any other characteristic, can progress and be proud to work for us.